Tuesday, July 18, 2006

i can read lines poorly

One of my best and oldest friends is Will, and he's a film student at Hampshire College. Tonight several people got together at his house and read the lines of the script he wrote for his senior project. It was quite the experience. Well, from my perspective at least. My film experience is extremely limited, so I thought the whole thing was "quite neat".

I got a copy of the script yesterday and glanced at the first couple pages before I went to bed. Today just before I headed over to Will's house I read through the whole thing, beginning to end. I was pretty impressed what he came up with. Reading it on my own I got some images in my head which were shattered when I got to Will's house, like how the characters would speak & whatnot.

I was assigned the role of James. James has very few lines and is the only male character who curses not. I think that had more than a little to do with my assignment. That's fine for me. It was really fun to sit around a table with many crazy people and hear them crazily read the lines of crazy characters. Crazy. Yeah.

Don't worry, the limited number of my lines did not keep me from missing my cues and screwing everything up. OK, I didn't really screw everything up, but I did miss my lines sometimes. Oh well, we survived.

The script is about a vampire hunter fighting an evil pharmaceutical corporation which is run by vampires. I look forward to seeing the final project someday. It should be sweet.

No comments: